Friday, September 19, 2008

Week 5

I thought this was very interesting. I did not realize how many teachers were using the internet and blogs in their classroom today. I think it is a wonderful thing, but I never realized how much it was actually happening.

This was the first site I found: http://classblogmeister.com/blog.php?blog_id=676161&blogger_id=187221
This site was a 9th grade Science class that had posts about the homework and what all had been done that particular day and references for students who needed them. I think this could be very helpful for any student that maybe did not quite understand the lecture or possibly missed a day in class. It also had a link to Mr. Collins' wikispace, which I also found very interesting. It had a discussion board and links to different sites for his students about science topics. It also told about him and what he does and what all he teaches. Mr. Collins' blog and wiki were both very informative and helpful for his students in my opinion, and I believe they were a great addition to his classroom.

The second site I found was a true find for me it truly touched my heart seeing all their little things and what was going on in the classroom.
http://classblogmeister.com/blog.php?blogger_id=1337
This site was so sweet it had the accomplishments of all of Mrs. Cassidy's first grader's. It showed what they made on H day and W day and this day and that day. Every student was so proud, and I think that it is very important for students to see their accomplishments as well as their parents to see their accomplishments. This blog was a good idea for these young children because their parents or older siblings can log on and see what they are doing every day and see what they are accomplishing. This particular teacher posted mostly videos, but some pictures. Here are some of the pictures she posted.

class picture

another class photo









I found quite a few sites of mostly middle school to high school blogs, but the elementary school blogs were truly the best. Most of the upper level blogs included feedback from whatever they had talked about that week, or a question the teacher had posed, or something of that nature. All of the students in the classroom had to respond to the question or post some sort of comment about the topic. The elementary blogs were truly heart warming. They were full of pictures from field trips and their accomplishments as well as encouraging words. I think this is a wonderful idea for teachers to put on the internet for their students. It keeps their students thinking about topics they have discussed previously and it lets them interact with each other on the computer, which is something students love to do today.

No comments: