Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Week 8

I chose November's topic "Why Wireless" to read about this week and I found it rather interesting. Arapahoe High school has made its entire school wireless and open for all of its students. While they see this as an advantage I can also see how it could be a disadvantage as well. It does makes sense why they did it for their students so they could start checking grades, having more access to databases, access to information on the internet, and logging into what their teacher's have for them. However, I also see the other concern the loss of concentration of the students. This is why Mr. Fischer wrote this large letter for parents. He explains why this is such a good idea and why they should accept this. This bulletin/letter was very informative and would have made a lot of sense for a parent, and after reading it they should have been more accepting of the idea of wireless internet at a Arapahoe.

I personally feel that this would be a good idea for schools, but it should be limited. I would welcome this as a future teacher because I know the internet is the way of the future and many students need more access to the internet. All students do not have access at home and having it at school would give every student the advantage to access all that they need at school. I feel wireless would be a wonderful asset to most schools if it was regulated and students knew there were regulations and policies.

No comments: